|home | latest recipes | search for recipes | tips & ideas | glossary | links | contact
tofu coconut risotto
3 cups short grain brown rice
1 ½ cups arame seaweed
1 slab of tofu marinated in ginger, lemon and tamari
4-5 green beans
handful of baby corn
8-10 leaves of spinach or chard, sprinkled with lemon juice
large handful of finely sliced red cabbage pieces
large handful of sunflower seeds, soaked overnight (or for at least an hour)
½ - 1 cup coconut milk
1-2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
2-3 tsp turmeric
tamari or liquid amino acids to taste
1. Put rice on to boil in twice the amount of filtered water.
2. Meanwhile soak seaweed in bowl of filtered water.
3. When rice has been cooking for about 20-30 mins, add seaweed.
4. Chop vegetables to inch-long pieces and lightly steam everything except the red cabbage (this is added last raw to avoid losing its colour).
5. If the rice is running out of water, keep adding small amounts of water from the steamer.
6. When the rice is almost cooked, add tofu, steamed vegetables, coconut milk, ginger, turmeric and tamari or amino acids.
7. Finally, add red cabbage and sunflower seeds, and serve
Kirsten Chick (formerly Santry)