|home | latest recipes | search for recipes | tips & ideas | glossary | links | contact
250g polenta (cornmeal)
1 litre water
1-2 cloves garlic
1 small onion
4-5 handfuls chopped green leaves (any will do)
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
black pepper to taste
A frittata is like an omelette, only the filling is mixed rather than folded in. This is my version of a vegan frittata. The recipe is really versatile, so try different combinations of vegetables, spices and flavours to suit you.
1. Bring the water to the boil
2. Add the polenta and keep stirring for 5-10 minutes – the mixture should start coming away cleanly from the side of the saucepan
3. Add another cup of water and stir in all the other ingredients
4. Pour into a couple of shallow glass dishes (I use the lids of casserole dishes) and leave to cool
5. Cut into slices and cook under the grill until starting to turn brown
6. Serve with tahini sauce flavoured with fresh basil and garlic, or a tomato-based sauce, and a green salad.
Kirsten Chick (formerly Santry)