1/2 pint nut or rice milk
a knob of butter or coconut milk
small onion, chopped
small avocado, chopped
handful of spinach, chopped(or other green leaves)
squirt of lemon juice
6 cherry tomatoes
1/2-1 dozen leaves of bazil (depending how big they are)
freshly ground black pepper to taste
Serves 2-3 people.
1. Chop and fry onions in small frying pan until nearly soft in butter
or coconut oil
2. Whisk up eggs, milk and black pepper, and pour into over onions
3. Drop avocados into pan, randomly spaced
4. Add spinach evenly around pan, drizzle with lemon juice, and gently
press down into omelette mix.
5. Tear basil leaves, sprinkle evenly around pan and gently press into
6. Finally add tomatoes, dropping randomly around pan.
7. When omelette has been cooking for a few minutes, and is firm on the
underside but still liquid on top, remove from heat and place pan under
grill to finish off.
8. When starting to brown, remove and serve with salad or on its own.
Also experiment with different fillings, such as steamed, sliced potato
Kirsten Chick (formerly Santry)