2-3 cups millet (preferably soaked overnight) (or more if making larger
1-2 tbsps tahini
a selection of vegetables (see below for ideas)*
pepper and tamari or liquid aminos to flavour (optional)
1. Bring millet to the boil in pan of water,and simmer until cooked.
2. Drain until there's just a little water left - just enough to stir
the tahini into so it's a thick liquid, and stir thoroughly into millet.
3. Stir in vegetables and seasoning.*
4. Put into small, deep baking tray as if making flapjacks.
5. Bake in a moderate oven until browning on top
6. Cut into slices and serve with tahini sauce and salad.
Arame seaweed, onions, garlic and sunflower seeds
Sweet potato, beetroot and ginger
Pumpkin, pumpkin seed and ginger
Spring onion, watercress, avocado and lemon
Kale, onion and turmeric
...or try your own combinations
Kirsten Chick (formerly Santry)