|home | latest recipes | search for recipes | tips & ideas | glossary | links | contact
carrot and cardamon soup
200g yellow split peas - soaked overnight
6 large carrots
1 large leek
3-4 cardamom pods
tamari or liquid amino acids
25g flat leaf parsley
1. Add lentils to a pan of water and bring to the boil
2. Wash and chop carrots and add to lentils
3. Wash and chop leeks and add
4. When the soup is nearly cooked, split open the cardamom pads and scrape out the seeds inside into the soup
5. When everything is cooked, turn off the heat, and add the parsley, black pepper and tamari/amino acids to taste.
6. Whizz into soup with a blender and serve.
Kirsten Chick (formerly Santry)